- I am not a pet expert, although I do work with dogs as a groomer.
- I am in absolutely no way shape or form a professional writer. I took ONE writing class in college. Cut me some slack.
- I have been studying dogs pretty much day in, day out, for the past 5 years or so.
- I'm a proponent of positive reinforcement training as opposed to old adage dominance theories. Dominance training has been proven less effective, and positive training less harmful overall, no matter the dog.
- I've attended a seminar on wolf and dog behavior at Wolf Park in Battle Ground, IN. They confirmed the theories that positive training is more natural; they train their wolves using methods similar to clicker training.
- I feel very strongly that all dogs should be crate trained and that any accidents in the home, be it soiling, destruction, or thievery, could all be avoided with a crated dog. Freedom is earned, not given out right. Dogs love to den, and will love their crate in turn if it is introduced correctly.
- I feel out of all the breeders in the world, possibly only .001% of them should actually be breeding their dogs. I feel that if a dog isn't going to be used for a specific job where a solid background is required, or if health isn't such an issue where you're better off going with a breeder that carefully tests and monitors the lines of his or her stock, you're much better off going with a rescue dog. You'll pay a lot less for a dog of the exact same quality as you would get from a sub-par breeder.
- I'm very opinionated when it comes to dogs and the issues surrounding them. You've been warned.
Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope you like what you find!